What is the KAKINOHANA pattern? In Japanese, “kaki” means persimmon, and “hana” means flower. “Kakinohana” is one of the hitomezashi patterns which resembles a persimmon flower. The Kakinohana pattern consists of horizontal and vertical lines only. And yet, it makes a simple and beautiful pattern which is loved since ancient times.
The downloadable file contains 9 pages and 4 video links. Please NOTE this is a VIDEO COURSE plus PDF PATTERNS and not an online workshop.
The PDF file includes 9 pages in A4/Letter:
- The cover
- Four tutorial pages
- Four pages of 12 versions of Kakinohana pattern
The tutorial pages include:
- About the pattern
- How to double the fabric to make a reversible coaster
- Four private tutorial videos
- Some unique techniques to stitch on the doubled fabric
- The stitching order
- The ideas to understand the structure of kakinohana pattern
The patterns will be available for instant download when your purchase is confirmed. Once you have downloaded the file, you can print the pattern on A4/Letter paper with your printer at home.