Tatewaku is one of the traditional Moyozashi Sashiko patterns. It means “the rising steam “ in Japanese, and you can find this pattern in many scenes as a traditional Japanese design.
This PDF file includes 9 pages in A4/Letter size:
- The cover
- One Basic Tatewaku pattern.
- Six different versions of Tatewaku patterns.
- Grid paper to draw the pattern by yourself.
Each pattern has circles printed together. You can use those circles to make a circle ruler which is helpful when you draw the pattern by yourself. This pattern does NOT include written instructions. Please refer to the following videos for help:
- See this video to learn how to make and use it: https://youtu.be/QE0-1Z34zeo
- You can even make a pattern ruler from the printed pattern: https://youtu.be/nb3zqjRdLkM
- Watch this video to learn how to stitch sashiko without making knots: https://youtu.be/6-lfX9J6nAM
This pattern will be available for instant download when your purchase is confirmed. Once you have downloaded this file, you can print the pattern on A4/Letter size paper with your printer at home.