Designed in partnership with Two Cicadas Woodworking, this instant heirloom is made from reclaimed hardwoods or color-it-yourself birch and maple. Polished incredibly smooth (they feel like literal satin), the boxes feature high-quality hardware and beautiful joinery.
Each box measures 8.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 in./22 x 14 x 11.5cm and has a lid with a 7 x 4 in./18 x 10cm opening to display your favorite piece of needlework (or any other artwork). The boxes come with a pre-cut piece of chipboard to wrap your fabric around, and a wooden backing board with turn buttons to hold everything in place. There is no glass included, but the lid is deep enough to accommodate a piece if you so choose.
Inside are compartments in three different sizes. The largest compartment easily fits long tools like pencils and scissors, and the smallest helps organize tiny items like pins and bobbins. The boxes are also deep enough to fit your work-in-progress on top so you can keep everything together.
How to order:
Please view the image showing all twelve available boxes and select the letter of the box you’d like to purchase. Each hardwood box is one-of-a-kind and comes with steel hinges. Once a box is sold, it’s gone forever.
We also have a limited number of ready-to-paint (or stain) birch/maple plywood boxes. They have a smooth-as-silk finish and are perfectly prepped for those who want to color their own box to for maximum personalization.
Need a project suggestion?
The following projects fit beautifully in the frame lid:
- Audrey Hepburn Charade by Tom Katsumi
- “Satan” the Cat by Tom Katsumi
- Flower of Life in rainbow or black by BaaMeow
- Eternal Knot in rainbow or stone by BaaMeow
- Impossible Star in purple or black by BaaMeow
- Impossible Triangle by BaaMeow
- Octoflower in warm colors or black by BaaMeow
- Grow, Grow, Grow by Pretty Strange Design
- Take Up Space by Pretty Strange Design
- Circular Monograms by Kelly Fletcher
- Needle Puns by Maydel